Do you ever feel like you’ve woken up from a bad dream? Been struggling and then started to carve a new path inside that is unique to you and not for or because of anyone else?? A detox may feel that way. Or a relationship gone stale could provoke a new way of being when you discover you are living for someone else and not for a higher purpose or intentionality of loving. I am on a home retreat that involves cooking, daily yoga nidra, abhyanga massage, delicious Ayurvedic and macrobiotic meals, restorative yoga, meditation, journalling and heavenly chanting sessions. It is possibly as blissful as it would be at a retreat or my favorite yoga spa getaway, Kripalu in the mountains of Massachusetts. Only a few people know I am in town. I am not at the mercy of clients or wondering why people are not calling. It is good guys. A reclaiming of goddess, feminine energy and a true, palpable vision for what I want this year.
Besides having balanced chakras, (which always feels good, but we are in process and it is not be reality without little annoyances as a compass for what is needed to come back into balance) what are things that are important to you to feel?? Bliss? Loved? Easeful? Connected? Loving??
I have always envisioned there being an effortless flow to life. This takes work, systems and structures to balance energy so you can flow through the day safely and ease fully. Years ago I read a book by Harvard Business Review called Balance Your Energy, Not Your Time which confirmed an outlook I have always known, since time is just one of those annoyances that if your energy is not on track, it’s pretty much a given you will be late. I usually know just after waking how the time will be used in a day, and it comes from practices to keep energy in balance and clarity of mind from staying committed. This is a yang, or masculine process. We need the masculine so the feminine can flourish. The feminine mother, nurturer, spaciousness and light energy that keeps us so sweetly engaging with one another. The masculine is the grounding, structured, logical way.
A feminine bliss retreat, however requires more yin than yang cultivating dear ones. It is essential taking-care-of-self practicing and can be added in to your day, in to any area causing subtle undertones of excess or imbalance for recovery from an addictive pattern, to enhance fertility or increase sexual energy.
Such as with food….
I know how it is to be obsessed with food, worried, not sure what or how or when to eat…
A few questions:
Do you love what you eat? Do you eat with pleasure or do you wonder why you are eating, and pick apart the food because it tastes not right or that you don’t really think you are good enough for it?
Maybe it is time to sexify your food. Ok really, make it ooze with pleasure. Add plenty of oil, use sweet vegetables in every meal, sauté the kale rather than boiling, always add a dash of ghee or coconut oil to your grains. If you are eating meat, include greens and follow it up with chocolate. …in order to make it more yin.
Nurture that body and some ways to :
- take a long, slow, and deep bath with candles and oil of frankonsence and sipping a cup of rose tea
- abhyanga self-massage first thing in the morning, lay out an old towel, heat coconut oil and cover your bo-dy head to toe, then lightly brush the oil in just to adorn the skin, rest in meditation or yoga nidra and take a warm shower to cleanse
- get moving, but not to punish yourself for eating chocolate, go for a walk and invite in the sights and sounds of nature, rest all of your attention each footstep
Open the mind to LOVE
- yoga nidra is my preferred way and I will write more later, however for now know that it is a specific meditation to unravel energy stuck in the koshas to open the bliss body (anadandamayakosha) and awaken to a sense of oneness. It helps the dust settle, from anything that may feel triggering or leave you with the feeling you may not be good enough to let yourself dream big. And YOU ARE
- meditation – taking time out to breathe and affirm that your essence is DIVINE LOVE, the rest is a joke that something less than holy is playing on you
- chant – i am just beginning and it is a wonderful way to clear energy. You can find chants for what you are wanting to manifest (abundance, clarity, love) or clear (fear, doubt). Chanting works to calm the mind and open the heart
- the energy of love is a vibration, soothing and creative
just for you…Hot Chi-colate
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 T cacao (for the power of polyphenols)
- 1 T maple syrup or palm sugar
- 1/4 t cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla
Heat until simmering and drink out of your favorite mug while nestling in to the sofa or in a bath filled with rose petals.